The role of the Governing Body
The governors at Fig Tree Primary are responsible for working with the school to ensure that it delivers a good quality education. Working together with the headteacher and senior leadership team, they:
- Set the school’s aims and policies.
- Ensure clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction.
- Monitor carefully the educational performance of the school and its pupils, and the performance management of staff.
- Ensure the curriculum is broad/balanced and meets national requirements.
- Oversee the financial performance of the school and make sure its money is well spent.
- Appoint staff.
- Make improvements to the school environment and buildings.
- Ensure children are kept safe by ensuring appropriate safeguarding procedures and policies are in place.
The day to day management of the school is the responsibility of the headteacher and senior leadership team.
Who are the Governors at Fig Tree Primary?
- Mr Tariq Nasir – Chair
- Mrs Nazia Raza
- Mr Atif Hussain
- Mr Mohammad Muntazir
- Mrs Samina Qayum